As we gear up for Mister Rogers Family Days, here are some best practices and strategies for promoting your business and the event online and on social media. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Headspace Media by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to share:
(Don’t get overwhelmed by the options! Focus sharing on platforms where you already have an account or are active)
- Stories (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Reels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok)
- Posts (Facebook, Instagram)
- Website (create an event page that talks about what you’re doing for the event and link back to https://misterrogersfamilyday.org)
- Decide how often you want to post before the event and spread it out evenly so it is consistent.
- Use the Fred Rogers Day 2023 hashtags on social media: #misterrogersfamilydays #snappynewday
- Respond and react to any/all comments people leave
- Share your posts to local Facebook groups you’re active in
- Share other vendor posts on Facebook or to your Instagram stories
- If you’re collaborating with other merchants (i.e. on the merchant basket giveaway), make sure to tag them in your posts, stories, and reels
- If you’re involved in a giveaway:
- Celebrate and tag the winner if you can
- Tag other merchants involved in the giveaway in your promotional posts (i.e. We’re teaming up with @headspace.media and @latrobeartworkcenter to offer xyz!)
- canva.com – Available on desktop and mobile devices, Canva has many beautiful and eye-catching templates that can level up your posts
- business.facebook.com – For those who use Facebook, Instagram, or both, it’s available on desktop and mobile devices. Meta Business Suite lets you schedule posts up to 75 days in advance so you can set it once and forget it!
- Below are downloadable files you can use with Canva or any other editing software to add the Mister Rogers Family Day Logo to your promotional materials
Sample Posting Schedule:
Starting 1 Month Before the Event:
- Tag your merchant location or the town: i.e. Latrobe, PA or Latrobe Art Center, Latrobe
Share what your shop is doing during the week! If you’re doing multiple things on different days, make sure you have the time, date, and location on each post.
- Share any photos/videos from last year if you have them
During the Event: share behind the scenes such as:
- During – the way people are interacting with your store
- Talking about/showing people around your store and what you’re doing during the event
- Make sure to snap some photos/take some videos as things are happening – promotional material for next year!
After the Event:
- Share highlights from the day – (maybe even in a highlights story on Instagram)
- Share a post-event thank you message, along with a few photos or a video highlight reel.